Friday, April 2, 2010

SLEEPING TIME

Everybody is sleeping. It is 7.30 am and it is a holiday. Today is Good Friday. I am one who cannot sleep late. No matter whether it is a holiday or not, I will wake up not later than 6.00 am. On the other hand, I love to have an afternoon nap.

I wonder what do people feel when they are asleep? I usually dream when I sleep but as soon as I wake up all the dreams disappear and I vaguely remember what was it all about. I usually dream about people and places. Sometimes I wonder where the place is as I do not remember having visited such place. Could it be the pictures from my imagination? Or could it be pictures that I had seen on TV that reappears in my dreams with a little distortion?

Day dreaming? Have you ever met someone who seems lost and appears not to notice your presence? I use to think that one of my sisters is that incorrigible day dreamers. I thought she sees things with tinted vision and that she does not stand on firm ground. Perhaps I was wrong to have judged her. It must be me, who is the dreamer. Some philosopher says that once we stop dreaming, we stop living. So carry on dreaming.

No comments:

Post a Comment